07 January 2011

Holy cow, I’m in Open Lab 2010!

This day just keeps getting better and better.

Usually, that would be a sarcastic comment. But today, I am totally sincere.

I woke up this morning to find an email from an editor telling me that my latest journal article had been accepted for publication. By mid-morning, I completed and submitted a grant proposal. And just now, I learned:


I was astonished to learn that my Sci Am Guest Blog post on Marmorkrebs has been selected for Open Lab 2010!

This is the third straight year a piece of mine has been featured in the anthology.

The first (from the Marmorkrebs blog) was back in the 2008 edition.

The second (from here at NeuroDojo) is in the 2009 edition. (I may not be the first person to be featured in three separate editions of the anthology, but I wonder if I’m the to have done so with three posts from three separate blogs.)

I honestly didn’t think I could pull off the hat trick. This is a sweet surprise.

I thank Jason Goldman and his team of editors for all their hard work, turning out this set of selections in record time! Also thanks to all those who blogged, submitted posts, and congratulations to all those who entries made it in.

No comments: